‘Without vision there is a lack of focus.’
A Harvard Business study revealed amazing statistics relating to goal setting and success. The study went on to find that the 14% who have goals are 10 times more successful than those without goals. The 3% with written goals are 3 times more successful than the 14% with unwritten goals.
Crystal clear vision.
1. Write your vision and goals down in your journal and make it clear. Research suggests that when you write down your goals you are 42% more likely to achieve your goals. Writing your goals down not only forces you to get clear on what, exactly, it is that you want to accomplish, but doing so plays a part in motivating you to complete the tasks necessary for your success.
2. Create a vision board.
Vision boards are a very powerful tool. It is a great way to manifest your dreams. It enables you to focus on your life, have clarity and have ideal outcomes. Once you have clarity, you select words and images and from magazines and pin them to your board. When you create a vision board it aligns your brain with what you want to attract.
3. Are your goals SMART?
How will I measure my goals?
How will I know when I have reached my goals?
Are your goals realistic?
What resources do you need to achieve it?
Review and revise your goals if necessary.
4. Do you have a support network?
Who do you support with their goals?
Having a supportive network is a great way to be accountable. This allows you to keep you on track.
5. What steps do I need to take to fulfil my goals?
Writing your goals down isn’t enough. You have to put action to the vision.
It’s great to have a vision and have goals. In order for it to come to pass, you have to take action, act today.
The benefits of having goals:
1. Provides a sense of purpose and direction
2. Define your short- and long-term goals
3. Guides the decisions you make
4. It keeps you moving forward, even through the difficult times
‘Write the vision down and make it plain.’
Get 2020 vision and dare to dream big.
Thank you for stopping by
Tarnya Coley- Author of Open Doors